[Seaside] HTTP Performance

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu Nov 20 05:32:17 CET 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

> I've been doing some benchmarking.  One thing that helped a lot for
> static pages was terminating the UI process (Project uiProcess
> terminate).  Note that this will (obviously) make your image
> unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard,

Hmm, maybe some gremlin occasionally does that automatically for me, as
I occasionally find the image apparantly completely frozen, and yet it
still serves the web just fine.  It happens maybe two or three times a
month, and my usual solution is to take it down and back up when there's
no activity on it.

Using a 3.5 Linux image and engine under Linux compatibility mode on
FreeBSD.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt