[Seaside] Authenticaing Multiple Users

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu Nov 20 23:10:27 CET 2003

On 20 Nov 2003, at 20:28, Avi Bryant wrote:

> I managed to replicate this by throwing an error in the
> #authenticateUser:password: method.  I imagine that if you put a "self
> halt" there you will find that there's some exception being thrown in
> yours as well.

Thanks Avi, it now works - there was some error there that got
swallowed.

> My guess is that what's happening is that it keeps trying to display
> the error page, but requiring authentication for that too, resulting
> in an infinite recursion.  Obviously this is a bug - I think it will
> get fixed naturally as a result of some of the work I've been doing
> towards the next release.

Maybe there should be some option somewhere to do more logging.

Subclassing WAAuthenticatedSession for use through /seaside/config has
another problem in the defaultPreferences class method - no ?

Also, how do you 'log out' ?

Doing new session doesn't re-authenticate as far as i can tell.

Sven