SmallWiki (WAS: Re: [Seaside] Gardner or SmallWiki installation)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Fri Nov 28 18:50:23 CET 2003

Stephen Pair wrote:

> Nevin Pratt wrote:
>

>> Well, I spoke too soon.  I can't log in as admin.  I get a DNU.
>> SWStructure>>changed:with: calls 'super changed:with:', and there is
>> no implementation of #changed:with: in the superclass chain.
>> Object>>changed:with: is a VW'ism that doesn't exist in Squeak.
>>
>> In other words, there are porting artifacts from when SmallWiki was
>> ported from VW.
>>
>> This DNU is obviously easy to fix, but is anybody actually using
>> SmallWiki?  Surely you hit this issue?
>>
>> Nevin
>

> Hmmm...that's bizarre, my image has #changed:with:...perhaps it was
> added by some other package I loaded...it has Ned Konz'
> initials...maybe it was brought in with the Star Browser (when I load
> comanche I always load it with the star browser ui).
>
> - Stephen

OK.  I brought Star Browser in this time.  Got passed that issue, and
then...

'SWStructure>>postCopy' calls 'super postCopy', but there is no 'super
postCopy'.  So, I got another DNU.

Probably 'Object>>postCopy' should be in there, and it should probably
just return self.  But, this implies I'm missing yet another package.
 Anybody got any idea which package that might be?

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby