[Seaside] Gardner fun

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Oct 23 00:45:02 CEST 2003

Greetings all,

(I'm using Seaside v54, Kom 6.2, Tric-Gardner-CdG.26, Tric-Janus-CdG.4)

I am attempting to migrate from Swiki/ComSwiki to Gardner and was
wondering about the state of GWSwikiConverter.

I did this in a Workspace:
GWObjectMemoryStorage wikis removeKey: 'devinfo'.
GWSwikiConverter convert:
'/Volumes/brian/Squeak/ComSwiki/swiki/devinfo' toWikiInMemory:
'devinfo'.

Which worked after I "hacked" some debugs. I use the term "hacked"
loosely, due my lack of knowlege regarding Gardner :)

In SWWikiParser>>reduceActionForcode1, I commented out:  action
assertPermission: SWPage permissionCode." Due to the fact that SWPage
doesn't exist in my image.

Anyway, it seemed to go, (well, the progress bar completed). But now
what do I do with it... there was no new wiki created from a seaside
perspective, so I assume I have a wiki in memory.

So, I tried this:

GWSwikiConverter convert:
'/Volumes/brian/Squeak/ComSwiki/swiki/devinfo' to:
(GWSmartRefStreamStorage newOn: 'devinfo').

Which failed in GWSwikiConverter>>convert with an error about using
only integers as indices at:

			numberToTitle at: each id printString  put: each name.
			page := target at: each id printString.

On another note, when I installed it, the default wiki wouldn't work,
but when I created a new on via the seaside config, the new one worked.

Anyone else using Gardner that could shed some light on things?

Thanks!

Brian