[Seaside] Hook for unregistering a handler

Jürgen Buchner jbuchner at gmx.de
Fri Oct 24 08:53:05 CEST 2003

Hi Avi,

> On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 02:49 PM, Juergen Buchner wrote:
>
> > I would like to suggest to add a hook which is called when a handler is
> > unregistered.
>
> This seems like a reasonable suggestion.  Can you give some examples of
> what you would use it for?

I building an application which uses MySql and Tantalus. My first approach was to use a connection pool for assigning sessions only during the processing of a request. But this doesn't work, since Tantalus uses a cache.  So it isn't possible to re-use the connection which was opened for user A for user B.

My current approach is to store the database connection in the session. But than I need to know when the session isn't used anymore,

Bes regards

Jürgen