[Seaside] How can I access the authenticated user of a request?

Ian Prince ian at inextenso.com
Wed Oct 29 08:45:29 CET 2003

On 29 oct. 03, at 02:41, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Ian Prince wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick reply, Avi.
>>
>> I think there might be some confusion - I actually have
>> authentification working (I have written a subclass of
>> WAControllerSession with method authenticateUser:password).
>>
>> Where I am stuck is how to find out (access) the username on post
>> basic-authentification requests.
>
> Yes, I'm confused - if you have authenticateUser:password:, can you
> not simply store the username that's passed in, in an instance
> variable of your session subclass?

Yes, I guess I could (didn't think of that possibility).

My question: is it necessary to do so, isn't the basic authentication
username-password given by the browser's in the http request headers?
If so, how can I access them (or any other headers such as cookies)?

Sorry for not being clearer earlier.

Ian.