[Seaside] Seaside Internals

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Sep 8 23:15:16 CEST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Stephen Pair wrote:

> This is probably what led
> you to the current implementation (of Continuation) that assumes only
> the slots in the context objects are backtrackable (the minimal
> backtrackable state needed to do a continuation).

Actually, it's not quite minimal - traditionally (ie in Scheme),
continuations do not backtrack the values of temp variables - so we would
want to capture/restore the inst vars of a context object but not its
indexed variables.

In the absence of full block closures, however, the current implementation
is more practical (it requires many fewer #fixTemps calls).