[Seaside] Templates?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Sep 9 19:41:50 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 04:47 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 03:43 PM, Roger Whitney wrote:
>
>> The Seaside web page (http://beta4.com/seaside2/) claims that Seaside
>> supports "designer-friendly templates". I am using the Squeak version
>> of Seaside downloaded from SqueakMap last thursday. Perhaps I just
>> missed it but I do not see how to use an html template with Seaside.
>> Any pointers or examples on how to use templates in Seaside?
>
> Well, that line was written thinking of Colin Putney's "Nori" project,
> which aims to add templates to Seaside2 (early versions of Seaside did
> have templates, but they were dropped in version 2).  However, I'm not
> sure of the exact status of Nori - I don't get the impression that
> it's ready for prime time yet, so that claim is a little, um, ahead of
> itself.  I should probably remove it.

A short note on the status of Nori.

It got put on the back burner after STS because I was focussed on some
paying work. I've dusted it off in the last couple of days though, and
I'm hoping to have a preliminary release soon.

Nori is now at the point where all the basic features are in place, and
it needs to be exercised a bit to find out what's missing, what could
be made more convenient, etc.

Colin