[Seaside] Templates?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Sep 11 03:32:43 CEST 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Wich means you have to have the Explorer tool available.
>
> Which means you have to have the toolbar turned on.
>
> Which means you can't use this from a production site.
>
> Which means you can't see pretty printed code from a production site.

True.

However, I don't like having pretty printing on in production.  First of
all, you're wasting bandwidth with whitespace, but more importantly, the
pretty-printer was *not* perfectly semantics preserving (and it seems to
be quite difficult to write one that is, and is still easy on the eyes).

And, out of curiosity, why would you be looking at the HTML source of a
production app, rather than a development instance (with the toolbar
turned on) of the same application?

Anyway, maybe there ought to be some magic, password protected invocation
that temporarily turns the toolbar on halfway through a session?  Anyone
have any ideas how this could work?