[Seaside] Templates?

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Sep 11 09:06:02 CEST 2003

Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>
>> And, out of curiosity, why would you be looking at the HTML source of a
>> production app, rather than a development instance (with the toolbar
>> turned on) of the same application?
>>

> Well, how about when I'm in Pennsylvania (or, say, Detroit, like I am at
> the moment), and my wife calls me about a problem or a question, and I
> want to hit the site to see what the actual html it is generating is.
>
> I admit that doesn't happen much, but it has happened a couple of times
> now.
>
> BTW, your bandwidth observation is an interesting observation.

You can still have a second (password-protected) app running in the same
image with the same entry point and with the toolbar turned on if you
need to...  I never deployed with pretty-print turned on anyway because
it always had some undesired effects, no matter how many times we
rewrote it.  And I'm never totally convinced by the bandwidth issue
because of the number of people who use broadband these days, but I
think I brought the issue up originally... somebody on another web
project I was working on did some tests and removing unnecessary
whitespace and embedded comments in some of the web pages reduced the
size of the file by a significant percentage (and that was just
"unnecessary" whitespace).

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)