[Seaside] VW Seaside problems continue

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:38:30 CEST 2003

I installed Seaside in a clean image and as David Pennell states (and
he should know) during the installation process I was prompted to
create an administrator username and password. So now I know the
username and password. When I try access the config page at:

http://localhost:8008/servlet/SeasideServlet/config

I enter the username and password I just created in the web browser and
an exception is raised. The method
Seaside.WADispachcher>>decodeAuthorization: uses (see below) the class
Base64MimeConverter, which is not in my image.  So an exception is
raised when Seaside tries to decode the username and password it was
sent. Does anyone know where to find this class?

Seaside.WADispachcher>>decodeAuthorization: aString
	^(Base64MimeConverter mimeDecodeToChars:
		(ReadStream on: (aString findTokens: ' ') last))
			contents

So I decide to use Avi's advice and register a unprotected version of
the configuration application using "WAApplicationList
registerAsApplication: 'configuration'". When I try to access this
application I also get an exception. This time problem is in:

Seaside.WADispatcher>>entryPoints
	^ entryPoints asArray sortBy: [:a :b | a name <= b name]

sortBy: is a Squeak method on arrays, which does not exist in VW. Of
course this is fixed with:

Array>>sortBy: aBlock
	^self asSortedCollection: aBlock

But now the two problems begin to make me think that there may be some
VW-Squeak compatibility package that I am missing. Is this the case?

Which reminds me, shouldn't the package Seaside-WebToolKit be listed as
a prereq for the package Seaside? Seaside-WebToolKit contains the
Seaside namespace, so one can not load Seaside first.

I realize that I could make this change on the cincom repository, but
am still new enough at Seaside that I am not sure what I am doing.

----
Roger Whitney              Department of Computer Science
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)