[Seaside] Finally got Seaside working in VW, but how to confi gure?

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu Sep 11 14:47:21 CEST 2003

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 10:10  AM, Pennell, David wrote:

>> It took a while but I finally got Seaside working in VW7.1nc. First I
>> configured the default site in VW to use the namespace
>> Smalltalk.Seaside. Then it took a while (and a few probes) to find the
>> correct url to access an example:
>>
>> http://localhost:8008/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter
>
> Actually, that doesn't look right.  If you didn't create a logical
> name,

The above works fine. I am just using the default site to avoid using

http://localhost:8008/mysite/servlet/SeasideServlet/counter

At this point I am just exploring so I am being lazy. I have not
modified an .ini file. Just configure the default site to use the
Smalltalk.Seaside namespace. Just go to:

http://localhost:8008/configure/configureSite?name=default

and change the namespace to Smalltalk.Seaside and hit the submit
button. Then the url I gave above does work.

> The documentation is scattered, terse and inaccurate.  Since you are
> the
> first user of the VW port that I've heard from and this is my first
> major
> publish to the Cincom repository, perhaps you can help me out:
>
>   Where would you expect to find documentation for a port in the
> repository?

Well I say the AAADocumentation class and did not look at the bundle
comment. I would keep all documentation in the AAADocumentation class
and put a pointer in the bundle comment to the class. Of course someday
Cincom may realize that Store is just another browser and needs better
organization and searches, so bundle comments may become more important.