[Seaside] Goto? (Call without return/answer)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Sep 28 13:26:08 CEST 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I'd like to implement a component goto: call.
> I need this to go from a form to another (by a main menu bar)
> Put in other way, I need a call: without answer.
> I think this should be trivial but how can I get it?
> Bye bye ;)

The simplest way to implement #goto: is probably this:

goto: aController
  delegate contents: aController

I should also point out the methods #willCall and #willAnswer on
WAComponent (actually its superclass, WAController).  By default these
return true.  If you know, however, that your component either never sends
#call: or never sends #answer:, you can override them to return false and
Seaside will make the appropiate optimizations. So that, for example,
making a #call: to a component that has #willAnswer returning false is
effectively a #goto:.