[Seaside] Menu building pattern?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Aug 4 19:52:17 CEST 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 10:34 AM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Every time I build the menu item list I get a fresh list of SCMenuItem
> instances.

If you create new instances for every response, they shouldn't be
components, and they shouldn't be included in #children.  Just have
your menu items descend from Object, have them implement #renderOn:
instead of #renderContentOn:, and it should work fine.  They won't
respond to #call: or #addDecoration: or anything like that, but I'm
guessing you're not using those anyway.

Once more, for emphasis: if it doesn't stick around between requests,
it's *not* a WAComponent.

Avi