[Seaside] GOODS tutorial questions

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Tue Aug 10 07:54:23 CEST 2004

LK wrote:
> As I try to understand the GOODS authentication tutorial, several
>
> questions come to mind.
>
> 1.  Do I need to create a unique 'user' class with #login and #password
> methods.

This is for any GOODS access, the login scenario is just an example.

> 2. Is this method usable for all GOODS access, or just for a Login type
> of situation?
>
> withEscapeContinuation: aBlock
>  ^ (self db) commitWithRetry: [super withEscapeContinuation: aBlock]
>
> 3.  If I want to access several GOODS objects in the same session, I
> would add more session variables:
> ie. 'User', 'Logs', 'LogTypes' etc.

Yes, you can add whatever you need in the session. The
#withEscapeContinuation: simply let's you somewhat ignore that you are
working with GOODS once you have your objects in the database. As you
use and modify instances, that method gets called and updates the system.

Have fun!

Brian