[Seaside] Trouble with undo on Record Editor

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Aug 12 20:06:54 CEST 2004

On Aug 12, 2004, at 9:46 AM, LK wrote:

> First,  Thanks for the help on previous threads.  I now have a GOODS
> db accessed at the session level. I have a  PMLogEditor class that
> allows me to modify GOODS log entries.
> I want to have a 'Cancel' button that will return to the calling
> method, without saving any changes to the current record.  I saved the
> current values in #oldItem.  But it seems that they get changed when
> the #item values change.  Below is my code for this part of the
> application.

If it's a simple form, you can do this:

html cancelButtonWithAction: [self answer]

The modifications made at the same time as hitting Cancel will be
ignored, although any modifications from previous requests (if they hit
Save, stay on the same form, and then hit Cancel), would still come
through.

Avi