[Seaside] Suggestions for WAHtmlRenderer

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Sun Aug 22 21:13:41 CEST 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Yes, multiple select lists have been a glaring hole in every version of
> Seaside (in fact, since before Seaside was called Seaside).  I've
> succesfully avoided implementing them for several years now, but I knew
> someone would call me on it eventually :).
> Anyway, as you've discovered, they're not trivial to implement; in
> fact, it's not even obvious what a decent interface would be.  Should
> the selection/callback be passed collections instead of individual
> objects?  Or should the callback be invoked multiple times?  Do we need
> both?  Are there some other options that would be easier (collection of
> selected + collection of unselected?)

I would vote for callback to receive a collection of results.

Btw Avi are you in central european timezone yet? I've been playing with
extending your XMLHttpRequest live updater to handle multiple elements
(what a fun ride through all those DOOM Model stuff... at least mozilla
has half baked javascript debugger) but people told me it doesn't work in
safari - it works for me in ie and mozilla. I'll post my changes.

rado