[Seaside] Help understanding WATableReport

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Thu Aug 26 14:44:34 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Dan Winkler wrote:
>

> Yes, that would be a good addition.  To be honest, I haven't used
> TableReport for quite a while and so it's been stagnating.  If someone
> is actually using it and wants to improve it, I'd be happy to
> integrate some patches.
>
> Avi

I have started to write up the tutorial presented by Dan and Rado which
includes some improvements to this class.  You can find the incomplete
version at http://www.cdshaffer.com/david/Seaside/WATableReport/

The two things which are missing which I just added to my version are a
CSS and optional visual indicator of which column is the active sort
column and support for rendering images (or arbitrary html) in cells.
These are not in the form of patches but as new subclasses.  I don't
address the sorting issue raised by Dan but I'd be happy to look at it
since I do use WATableReport in several places and more sophisticated
sorting would definitely be a nice feature.

David

--
C. David Shaffer
http://www.cs.westminster.edu/~shaffer