[Seaside] Help understanding WATableReport

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Fri Aug 27 22:22:33 CEST 2004

LK wrote:

> Thanks for putting together this documentation.  It's very helpfull.
> -Larry

I'm glad to hear that.  I don't mind writing or collecting materials.
I'm trying to get one of my students to contribute more substantial
coverage but...well...we'll see.  In the mean time I'm trying to make
progress when I find a break in work.  I had grand plans to build
tutorials unified on a small number of examples but I think I'm just
going to build reasonably disjoint, self-standing tutorials.  Building
on examples or descriptions provided by others whenever possible (thanks
to everyone who posts questions and help here!!!).  I have two more
component tutorials nearly finished...I'll post links here as I get them
done.

While I think I should stick to the tutorial style, what seems to be
missing in my docs is promotion of "self discovery".  Bridging the gap
between static docs and the image and providing a launching pad for
further discovery.  I just don't have a recipe for it yet.  I thought
about linking to the docs generated by dandelion but since there are no
class or method docs it didn't seem too helpful.  Any suggestions,
especially in the form of a proof of concept, are appreciated.

David