[Seaside] Performance!

Jon Paynter kittle at mail.yans.net
Tue Aug 31 19:27:41 CEST 2004

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:10:38 +0200

>I just checked out the counter example Borges (The seaside clone in
>Ruby) with Webrick and thought it was a bit slow.
>So i brought up the same counter example in Seaside in another browser
>window and WOW it's really fast.
>This is something that you get used to when using Seaside exclusively
>(at least i did), you really need to compare it to something else to
>appreciate the speed.
>I just thought I'd remind you all ;)

Yes on a local LAN it IS vast.. very fast.
But I found when working with friends to test remotely their response times were very slow.  No timeout errors from IE, but typical click-response cycle was 3-10 seconds.  No visible CPU spikes on my end.  and connections to my IIS webserver on the same machine gave normal sub-second response times back.

Ideas anyone?
Jon.