[Seaside] children & egg problem

radoslav hodnicak rh at 4096.sk
Tue Aug 31 21:50:04 CEST 2004

I'm trying to achieve that when I enter a fresh url I get the same session
between two auth dialogs.

E.g.

in browser I enter .../seaside/myApp
- I get http auth dialog
- I enter invalid login
- I get another auth dialog

The problem is, the second auth dialog is handled by a new session, not
the one that handled 1st auth dialog. I've been trying to add redirect to

WAApplication>>handleDefaultRequest:
|session|
session := self sessionClass application: self.
session redirectTo: (self urlForRequestHandler: session) urlWithQueryString.

so that the session key is in url, but the whole thing breaks then - the
session doesn't get initialized properly, no render loop etc.

Help appreciated.

rado