[Seaside] new window

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Thu Dec 2 05:32:47 CET 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:13:58 -0300, Leo De Marco <leo at smalltalking.net>
wrote:

> I have some stuff of my page, that I want to put into a new window, so
> it can be printed... But when I open the new window, all the components
> of the main page get into the new window...
>
> url := html urlForAction: [ self call: (ANewPage new model: aModel) ].
> name := 'New Page'.
> html attributes onSubmit:
> 'JavaScript:window.open(''',url,''',''',name,''');'.
> html form: [html submitButtonWithText: 'Open new page'].

There is a shortcut for your code above, but using anchors -
WAAbstractHtmlBuilder>>anchorWithPopupUrl:extent:text:. Not sure if I
understand you correctly, do you mean the new window looks exactly like
what you would see if you had simply done "self call: (ANewPage new model:
aModel)"? If so, that's how its meant to work. Just send the #call: to the
outermost visible component instead?

--
Regards
HweeBoon