[Seaside] Re: Problem installing seaside

German Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Tue Dec 7 18:32:41 CET 2004

radoslav hodnicak wrote:
> So? What forces you to use this new version? Squeak3.6 + Commanche 6.2
> works just fine. After the shifting sands that 3.7/3.8/3.9 has been/is
> (not to mention the hideous UI look "enhancements") I have no doubt that
> some people will stay with older versions, I know I will.
>
> rado

Well, may be a detailed analysis needed. I've advanced with Seaside and
Mewa (no sense to stay with the older Seaside) then, I've tried (as
natural I suppose) to advance also with Komanche.

But the problems with Komanche installation are from the times were the
"published" feature (I've MANY doubts if is a feature being that a lot
of programmers aren't aware or using this flag) was added to SM.

With respect Squeak itself, I don't plan stay working with olders
versions, being that too many things are changing (By example the
protocol of Magnitude class is different in 3.7 vs 3.6). By other hand I
likes packages that run in 3.7, as Shout. And also I like the the most
of the new look (I respect your opinion, but don't agree with you about
that the new look is hideous). I like the icons in the menus, the new
fonts, etc.....and all (or the most) of this new look is configurable by
preferences.

gsa.