[Seaside] Remote Development with Squeak/Seaside

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:33:12 CET 2004

> Yup, although I'd rather not bother with an offline image - just clone
> the current running one to a new URL, load the new code in, test it,
> and then flip the switch.  But we don't quite have the infratstructure
> for that yet.

ASP.NET has a pretty nifty way of letting you copy in the new DLLs for
your web application and since they can live side-by-side, existing
users of the web application run their course with the old version of
the program and new users immediately pick up the new version of the
web site.  Very cool to hot swap a web application without shuting
down the server or switching machines.  I supposed that would be quite
a feat to pull off in Seaside with the current class-based global
namespace.  Just hate letting MS one-up us.

Regards,

John