[Seaside] Re: Fast text search and proper design

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sun Dec 12 18:09:58 CET 2004

Avi Bryant a écrit :
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:50:59 -0500, Benjamin Pollack
> <benjamin.pollack at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>For this particular project, I would like to use GOODS rather than an
>>RDBMS, but I need the ability to search very quickly through large
>>amounts of text and return appropriate matches. I cannot find any
>>effective data structure to use for that. Avi's B-tree won't really
>>help, as near as I can tell, because I want to search *within*
>>strings, and the default string operators likewise seem to be too
>>primitive to be effective for this.
>

> Scott Crosby wrote a fulltext search engine for Squeak a while back; I
> suspect it would take a little bit of tweaking to make it work with
> recent Squeak versions, but it would be a lot less work than starting
> from scratch.  AFAIK it was only ever posted as a series of
> enhancements to the mailing list, starting with this one:
>
> http://impara.de/~bert/swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/2203.html

Whaouu look nice, i was not aware that such a beast exist for Squeak.
Thanks you Avi ;-)

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##