[Seaside] seaside providers

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:09:44 CET 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:58:05 +0100, Marco Paga <marco-paga at web.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 14.12.2004, 12:00 +0100 schrieb Cees de Groot:
>
> I just want to mention that Fedora Core 1 is outdated. Right now FC3 has
> been released. You may have some security risks.
> I wouldn't call it bloated, because a minimal install won't take to much
> space, too. I have installed in on some machines and it works perfectly.
> When using Fedora you can use "yum install Package" or "yum update" to
> update the whole system.
> In my mind Debian would not be the first distribution that I would
> recrommend a windows user. (so i don't want to start a linux distro
> war! ;) )

I am some what of a distro-junkie -- I love to blow my system away and
start fresh with another distro just for the fun of it.  I am
currently running SuSE 9.1 at work and FC3 at home.  Before that I was
running Gentoo 2004.1 at work and Mandrake 10.0 at home.  Going back
even further I have used RedHat 6.x thru RedHat 7.x, Debian for x86
and Debian for Sparc, Gentoo for Sparc, etc.  For out-of-the-box
configurations I prefer SuSE 9.1, it has been the easiest system to
use so far in terms of configuration.  Gentoo is my all-around
favorite -- for one thing its Portage (a BSD-like ports system) can't
be beat!!!

Gentoo is not just a source system however, it is possible to install
binaries.  Whether you install a binary or build from source is up to
the scripter.  I believe Squeak is currently a binary install on
Gentoo.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20