[Seaside] Bookmarkable pages

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Dec 15 17:20:32 CET 2004

Hi folks,

I just set up my first Seaside server (source.impara.de). I'm using
Seaside 2.3 because 2.5 lacks a few classes that are needed by
SqueakSource. Works great so far, and debugging is a blast! :)

I just started hacking it, I'm trying to implement bookmarkable pages.
That is, I want a static URL I can give to people for a few fixed
request strings. So I need to enter a session at a specific point. I
have managed to implement this, for example, I can now go directly to
http://source.impara.de/ss.html to see that project's page. (if anybody
is interested in the code, it's right there).

However, as soon as I go to that URL with a browser, the page is
redirected to the server's root and the @... string is attached. Does
anybody have an idea how I could make the original URL stay in the
browser's address line so one could bookmark the page?

I'm tunneling the whole site through Apache (using ProxyPass), maybe
this could help somehow?

Thanks!

- Bert -