[Seaside] Bookmarkable pages

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Wed Dec 15 18:50:09 CET 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 5:36 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:20:32 +0100, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de>
> wrote:
>
>> However, as soon as I go to that URL with a browser, the page is
>> redirected to the server's root and the @... string is attached. Does
>> anybody have an idea how I could make the original URL stay in the
>> browser's address line so one could bookmark the page?
>
> Before I dive into how this might be done with 2.3, I'll say that the
> bookmarking situation is much better using 2.5 - so, Lukas + Adrian,
> whatever happened with the update of SS to use a newer Seaside
> version?

We started working on it at last ESUG but haven't had time to
continue... But yes, it would be useful to upgrade since we did some
hacks which would not be necessary with the newest version of Seaside.
I'll try to allocate some time with Lukas to do it in the beginning of
the next year.

Cheers,
Adrian