[Seaside] Help with converting Gardner

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Dec 18 02:23:00 CET 2004

First, thanks for the quick response (just in time for me to finish the
first Terminus release ;-)). Most appreciated, hopefully I'll have time to
fix this tomorrow.

Some remarks:
> So, you have three problems, actually.  The first one is that
> #createRootFromRequest: isn't used anymore, though it's very easy to
> revive - in your session subclass, just implement the following:

Is session subclassing necessary? Frowned upon? A no-no? Because I don't
just want to patch stuff up, I want to make this a
superdupershiningexample of Seaside 2.5 use...

> The second problem is that the preferences system has been
> considerably improved.

Ah. That's a problem? ;-)

(there are no problems. Only chall... ah, forget it..)

Looks like I could fix this in an hour or so. Great. Now that Terminus is
done, I'm probably going to pull all Swiki wiki's over to
Gardner+Terminus-Client, which will buy me a bit more sleeping time while
linkspammers will search in vain for ways to bypass this great system
(hmm... yours truly seems to be a bit challenged in the modesty department
tonight. I'll stop here before it gets embarrassing).

Thanks!

Cees