[Seaside] Re: Help with converting Gardner

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Sat Dec 18 07:07:32 CET 2004

Yar Hwee Boon wrote:

> One thing I'm using Session subclassing mainly for is to keep a GOODS
> connection and convenience methods. I have methods like #users, #grade1,
> #grade2, #logoutUser. I'm wondering if other people do this also. Can this
> be done moved somewhere else?

I had put the data connection in the session too. For some
reason I can't recall, I looked into how a component located
its session (I think it searchs up the call "stack").

Since I was new to Seaside, I figured this was not the
right way. So then I put the data connection in a "root"
or "top" view, and made sure all subviews could access
their top view.

Now I'm just about to undo this premature optimization,
and put the data connection back into the session.
Any other thoughts, experience, or recommendations?

--yanni