[Seaside] [ANN] SeasideTemplate

Alain Fischer alain.fischer at bluewin.ch
Wed Jan 28 12:43:00 CET 2004

Hi all,

I have done a simple template system for Seaside:
http://homepage.mac.com/alain_fischer/mc/SeasideTemplate-AFi.1.mcz
This is probably full of bugs but I am using it and it seem to work
well.

Prerequisite:
- Seaside
- SmaCC

How to use it:
Make your components subclass of SSTComponent.
The template can be embeded or external
- embeded: create a method templateString in your component
- external: create a file templates/MyComponent.sst.html
The format of templates is html text with smalltalk code between
"<?sst" and "?>"
Html text is translated as: html text: 'my html text'.
Smalltalk code is simply copied.

Known issue:
- Parsing of template are slow, but since they are cached in an
autogenerated method
   this is not a big problem. I will see how to improve parsing speed
with SmaCC rather
   than writing a custom parser.

Enjoy using this.
Alain