[Seaside] sessions not released nor getting unregistered

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Jul 9 05:07:08 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:
> They'll get unregistered and released at the same time, which will be
> some time after they're expired - in fact, some number of new session
> creations later, since that's what triggers the scavenging.  We may want
> to have a background process that does that at set intervals instead.

Well, I don't know if there needs to always be one or not...  But
anyway, we use a startup script to configure ports, etc. and I just put
this at the end:

delay := Delay forSeconds: 60.
[[true] whileTrue:
     [delay wait.
     (WADispatcher default entryPoints at: 'cv')
         unregisterExpiredHandlers]] fork.

Julian