[Seaside] Add button not showing it's page

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Jul 26 22:17:17 CEST 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 9:34 AM, s002 wrote:

> I have an object that shows a record from a GOODS database.  I created
> a link to 'add' a new record.  When I click on the link, the screen
> flashes and stays  at the recordlist page.  Can someone help me.
> PMLogsView>>renderContentOn: html
> 	| |
> 	html table: [
> 		html tableRow: [html tableHeading: 'View all Log Entries'; space;
> space; space.
> 			html tableData: [html anchorWithAction: [self renderAddOn: html]
> text: 'Add']]].
> 	html attributeAt: 'cellspacing' put: 0; attributeAt: 'cellpadding'
> put: 5; attributeAt: 'border' put: 2.
> 	html table: [
> 			allRecords do: [:i |
> 				html tableRow: [
> 					html tableData: [html anchorWithAction: [self delete: i from: db]
> text: 'Del'].
> 					html tableData: i type.
> 					html tableData: i entryDate.
> 					html tableData: i startTime.
> 					html tableData: i entryText.
> 					html tableData: i endTime.
> 			].
> 		].
> 		html tableRow: []
> ]

You don't want two methods on the same class here, you want two
different classes.  So your #renderAddOn: method should be the
#renderContentOn: of a PMLogsAddItem component.  And then your 'Add'
link should be this:

html anchorWithAction: [self call: PMLogsAddItem new] text: 'Add'.

Does that make sense?