[Seaside] Changes in GOODS not showing in browser

LK s002 at landr.net
Fri Jul 30 16:01:37 CEST 2004

Thanks for all the support.  You guys are the greatest!
I now have an app that will add and delete records from a GOODS
database.  My problem now is they added records are  not showing  in the
PMLogsView when I refresh my browser.  The user must close and re-open
the browser to see the changes.  Is there a way to fix this?

-Larry

Relevent code is below:

PMLogsTask>>renderContentOn:  html

    |db |
    html cssId: 'banner'.
    html table: [
        html tableRowWith: [
            html divNamed: 'title' with: self title.
            html divNamed: 'subtitle' with: self subtitle.
        ]
    ].
    html render: pmLogsView.
    html text: 'testing'.

-----
PMLogsView>>renderContentOn: html
    | |
    html table: [
        html tableRow: [html tableHeading: 'View all Log Entries';
space; space; space.]].
    html anchorWithAction: [self call: PMLogAddItem new] text: 'Add'.
    html attributeAt: 'cellspacing' put: 0; attributeAt: 'cellpadding'
put: 5; attributeAt: 'border' put: 2.
    html table: [
            allRecords do: [:i |
                html tableRow: [
                    html tableData: [html anchorWithAction: [self
delete: i from: db] text: 'Del'].
                    html tableData: i type.
                    html tableData: i entryDate.
                    html tableData: i startTime.
                    html tableData: i entryText.
                    html tableData: i endTime.
            ].
        ].
        html tableRow: []
]
-----------
PMLogAddItem>>renderContentOn: html
" show add new log form"
    item := PMLogItem new.
    item initialize.
    html form: [
        html table: [
            html tableRow: [html tableHeading: 'New Log Entry'].
            html tableRow: [html tableData: 'Date'. html tableData: item
entryDate].
            html tableRow: [html tableData: 'Time'. html tableData: item
startTime].
            html tableRow: [html tableData: 'Type'. html tableData:
[html selectFromList: #('DRE' 'SA' 'DBA' 'TEST') selected: (item type)
callback: [:i | item type: i]]].
            html tableRow: [html tableData: 'Entry Text'. html
tableData: [ html textAreaWithValue: 'log entry' callback: [:i| item
entryText: i]]].
        ].
        html submitButtonWithAction: [self add: item] text: 'Save'.
    ]

    ---------
PMLogAddItem>>add: aRecord
    db _ PMDatabase new connect.