[Seaside] onAnswer: problems

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jun 2 06:17:12 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> So I'm wondering if this is a case of being too clever for my own
> good.  It wouldn't be very hard to go back to the old, "flat" callback
> processing (where all the callbacks are processed directly by the
> render loop, and the components don't get involved at all), which is
> more limited but certainly easier to understand.  Does anyone have any
> strong opinions either way?  Or have I not explained things well
> enough for anyone else to form any? ;)

I'm not sure that I understand the dynamic context which executed my
block.  Is this a correct abbreviated stack where my onAnswer: block is
evaluated?  If so, then it is handled by my inner component's handler?

    ...a bunch of decorations in their processRequest:do:...
       ...my top level component>>processRequest:do: which catches
WAAnswerNotification...
          ...a WAAnswerDecoration>>processRequest:do:...
             ...my inner component>>processRequest:do: which catches
WAAnswerNotification...

David