[Seaside] Help needed for the Back button

Michel Bany m.bany at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 3 19:39:37 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant a écrit :

> On Jun 2, 2004, at 11:41 PM, Michel Bany wrote:
>
>> Then I had the idea to check how the Back button works for the store
>> application. I discovered that it
>> does not work right either, because, here too, the WAStoreCart is too
>> complex. It holds the items in a Bag
>> and would therefore need a deeper copy to completely preserve its state.
>

> Actually, in this case there's no intention to have the state
> backtrack at all.  That would be a strange user experience - having
> put something in your cart, to have it disappear because you used the
> back button.  In fact, the shopping cart is my usual example of state
> that *shouldn't* be backtracked.

I tend to disagree with this. I recently bought a flight ticket for my
wife using a (awfully badly designed) web application where I used the
"Back" button a few times to change the flight date that I entered in a
app did not backtrack the booking state and in the end I received the
wrong bookings which I had to change and it cost me 100 CHF to get the
right flight.
My experience is that using the Back button should roll back any change
I made to my cart. In the store application, when you hit the Back
button, you can *see* the previous version of the cart and you want to
restart shopping from there.

Michel.