[Seaside] Re: Web app Testing frameworks

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Mon Jun 7 09:26:01 CEST 2004

Colin Putney wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
>> There's a tool called WebLoad that we discovered here at UBC (they
>> have a site license for a couple of seats).  It also has support for
>> some kind of assertion tests, but I haven't looked into it much.
>> WebLoad could be made to work pretty easily with seaside apps (needed
>> to add unique IDs to forms -- this may have been ported to 2.5
>> already) and did a really great job of identifying the correct links,
>> form fields, etc. even though the links were already changing.
>

> How did it solve the problem of navigating to the page with the
> component? Did you create special entry points, use the ones you already
> had or what? Can you write tests that simulate a user?

Just entered the application from the main entry point.  We were using
it for load testing so it definitely didn't make any difference for us.
  You basically record tests by just using the application and then play
them back again.  It has a weighting system to grab the right things and
can use the same system (the weightings can be tweaked) to validate
pages if you want it to.