[Seaside] GOODS connection question

Sebastián Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com.ar
Wed Jun 16 03:38:26 CEST 2004

> > I put a connection in my session. Perhaps it is some
> overhead, but you
> > need to
> > verify that just the db session that created the proxy
> objects works
> > on them.
> > I think it's a feature because every client can have it's
> own tree of
> > objects
> > to navigate on ,edit and commit.
>
> Yes, exactly.  I think that's definitely the best pattern.
> It might be
> useful to have a sample WASession subclass that deals with
> GOODS, that
> people can subclass from or at least look at for inspiration.  Does
> anyone have something they can post?  Brian?

Sorry but I don't see that pattern as a good one. (perhaps I'm missing
something)
In fact I'm thinking about having 50 simultaneous users.
You'll have 50 db connections with 50 caches?
Why the 50 users cannot share just one connection with one cache and
actively refresh it every time they expressely need to? Wich will be the
disvantage of having the db in a singleton that restarts with the image
for example?

Best regards,

Sebastián Sastre
ssastre at seaswork.com.ar