[Seaside] GOODS design question

Brian Murphy-Dye brian.murphydye at mac.com
Wed Jun 16 23:05:44 CEST 2004

I'd like to try using GOODS, but don't know how to design an object
database. For example, in a relational database used for school course
scheduling, there is basically a one-to-one mapping between the classes
implemented in Smalltalk and the tables in the relationship database
(with the addition of tables for the many-to-many relationships). But
if you do something like 'db root at: 'Micky Mouse' put: aStudent' in
GOODS, all of Micky's classes will be stored as well (assuming there is
a 'classes' instance variable in the Student class), and then all of
the students in those classes. Is this acceptable or should I design my
classes so they don't contain other objects?

Brian Murphy-Dye.