[Seaside] Redirect on first request?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sat Jun 19 09:37:13 CEST 2004

On Jun 18, 2004, at 9:57 PM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Why is it that for some applications there is no redirection of the
> first request to one with a session and continuation ID?  I have set
> the alwaysRedirect config param to true (well, it's the default) but
> it doesn't change this behavior.  This has the effect that backing up
> to the first page of these apps and pressing reload looses session
> context.

Yeah, that's an interesting point.  OTOH, some people find the instant
redirect annoying, because it makes it harder to bookmark a clean entry
point URL.  So I think we maybe need to support both behaviors.
In the short term, to get the effect you want, you can subclass
WARenderLoopMain, and override #start: as follows:

start: aRequest
	self session redirect.
	super start: aRequest

Then set your subclass as the Main class for your app, and you should
be ok.