[Seaside] 2.3.2 ==> 2.5a: Session

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Sat Jun 19 22:59:07 CEST 2004

Avi Bryant wrote:

> If that were so, pretty much nothing would work.  I bet what you mean
> is, evaluating "self session" from the debugger returns nil.  Try
> "self session inspect halt" rather than "self halt".

In pretty much every version of Seaside that I can remember, evaluating
'self session' did not work when done within the debugger.  And so I've
long ago gotten in the now-almost unconcious habit of 'self session
inspect halt' (or something similar).  And, I've been going to check
(out of curiousity) for ages now why the other doesn't work, but never
have.

So, Avi, what's the "short version" of why it doesn't work in the
debugger?  I realize that if I want the longer version, I can just poke
around the code and the debugger to see.  But what's the quick-and-dirty
"short version"?   I'm sure it has something to do with the way Seaside
mucks with the context stack, though.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt

Bountiful Baby
http://www.bountifulbaby.com
The Most Complete Reborn Supply Store On The Web!

(801) 992-3137