[Seaside] 2.3.2 ==> 2.5a: Session

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Jun 20 02:51:21 CEST 2004

On Jun 19, 2004, at 5:43 PM, Julian Fitzell wrote:

> It's just that the session is obtained from the dynamic scope... the
> debugger messes with this.  It's the same reason you can't get the
> current OmniBase transaction or similar in the debugger.
>
> I've never been quite clear if this is a bug or an unavoidable issue
> with the debugger, though...

I know that the VW debugger has the same problem, but that doesn't make
it right.  I personally consider it a bug: if the debugger is going to
simulate the lexical context when you evaluate code, it ought to
simulate the dynamic context as well.  If you want a different dynamic
context, you can always explicitly fork.  "Processor activeProcess"
evaluated in the debugger ought to give me the process I'm debugging,
not the UI process, and so on.

But it may also be unavoidable in the sense that fixes are quite likely
to be complex and fragile...

Avi