[Seaside] no HTML entities for 8bit characters in UTF-8 encoding

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Thu Jun 24 22:11:19 CEST 2004

In order to have UTF-8 encoding working, there must be no expansion to
html entities for characters over 128. I mean HtmlCharacters collection
in WAAbstractHtmlBuilder. In fact, it is only okay for HTML's default
ISO-8859-1 (western europe) enconding.

Here is what I have for international texts. I have derived
WALocaleComponent from WAComponent which has only #renderClass modified
so it uses WALocaleHtmlRenderer. Such renderer has method #textOf: which
looks to class' internal dictionary of texts according to given symbol.
This dictionary is fed from XML file like:

<text id="buttonSend">An Unicode text encoded in UTF-8</text>

However, I need one more method because I need handle cases such as:
html submitButtonWithText: (html getTextOf: #buttonSend)

.. just my contribution to i18n

--
Kamil Kukura