[Seaside] [VW] Custom Server Configuration

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Jun 28 16:54:30 CEST 2004

On Jun 28, 2004, at 9:30 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to make my VisualWorks Seaside web-app manage all the
> path-information on its own and to let it appear in the root, without
> using any external tool like Apache to rewrite the url:
>
> 	http://localhost:8080/?_s=TOAZSOrdyJEZlDnS&_k=hZkCbQvC
>
> How do I create such a web-server in VisualWorks? VisualWave is so
> terribly complicated compared to Commanche or Swzaoo :(

Hi Lukas,

Why not use Swazoo? I did this sort of thing in Squeak with Swazoo-HTTP
and Swazoo-Listener. These packages give you a minimal HTTP server for
Seaside. You could backport them to VW, which shouldn't be too hard, or
perhaps figure out how to make the stock Swazoo do what you want.

My urls look like this:

http://localhost:8080/app?_s=TOAZSOrdyJEZlDnS&_k=hZkCbQvC

This is handy because you can still have config and administration apps
running alongside your main application.

Good luck.

Colin