[Seaside] Problems on VW with WebToolkit

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Mon Jun 28 18:13:51 CEST 2004

> I just found on one of my CDs a VW 7. Wanted to run Seaside
> on it but I can't download a working configuration. WebToolkit 7.2 is
required.

When you load Seaside-WebToolKit from the public store you get a warning
message telling you that you need 7.2. But you can disregard this
warning and continue.

I you want to run under 7.1, you will be lacking a few features
like uploading files into Seaside.

> Is there any trick I've missed? I tried to load some of the
> WebToolkit versions, but it was always broken.

Broken, in what way ?

Here is how you should proceed.
1. Launch a vanilla VW 7.1
2. Load StoreForPostgres
3. Connect to the public store
4. load bundle Seaside-WebToolKit making sure you always select the
most recent version numbers (Webtoolkit gets loaded automatically)

> Do I really have to download a whole new 7.2?

Michel.