[Seaside] [VW] Custom Server Configuration

Bany, Michel mbany at cincom.com
Tue Jun 29 12:12:32 CEST 2004

> Hi,
>
> I would like to make my VisualWorks Seaside web-app manage all the
> path-information on its own and to let it appear in the root, without
> using any external tool like Apache to rewrite the url:
>
> 	http://localhost:8080/?_s=TOAZSOrdyJEZlDnS&_k=hZkCbQvC
>
> How do I create such a web-server in VisualWorks? VisualWave is so
> terribly complicated compared to Commanche or Swzaoo :(

Hi Lukas,

You may want to try this. Not exactly what you are looking for, but close.

Seaside.WADispatcher>>basePath: newPath
	| base |
	basePath := newPath.
	base := (newPath notEmpty and: [newPath last = $/]) ifTrue:
[newPath] ifFalse: [newPath, '/'].
	entryPoints keysAndValuesDo: [:key :component | component basePath:
base, key]

VisualWave.WebSiteResolver>>fileServletClass
	^ Seaside.SeasideServlet

Michel.