[Seaside] Testing components

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Tue Mar 9 18:37:28 CET 2004

It all depends what it is you want to test.  You can of course call
action methods manually on the component to test the actions (as if the
user had clicked on them).  You could also pretty easily build a
renderer and pass it into #renderOn: and then look at the output and
make assertions about that, I suppose.

You could also take a look a Nori
(http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3393) which Colin wrote.  It's a
templating system for Seaside but one the main reasons he likes it is
the ease of writing tests.  I haven't looked at it in much detail
recently but it may give you some ideas.

Julian