[Seaside] Decoupling html representation from objects design

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Mar 11 21:13:29 CET 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Sebastián Sastre wrote:

>     I'm also very interested in using this framework to develop an
> intranet but I'll need to make some kind of decoupling between the
> logic and the visual design (as much as posible).

My personal recommendation is that you use CSS for this.  Have your
Seaside components generate bare bones markup with lots of divs, spans,
and id and class attributes, then use CSS stylesheets to control the
look.  A good example of this approach is Dave Shea's csszengarden.com
.  There's also good discussion of these techniques on "A List Apart"
(http://alistapart.com).