[Seaside] Template system for Seaside + docs

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Mar 26 01:27:59 CET 2004

On Mar 25, 2004, at 3:16 PM, Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> based on the web site and some posts on the list, I am under the
> impression
> there are now one or more templating systems for Seaside. However I
> have to
> admit to not keeping a very close track on things.

> Am I correct? What is it? Where can I read about it?

I know of two: Nori, from Colin Putney, and SeasideTemplate from Alain
Fischer.

Here are some links:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2004-January/
002499.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2003-September/
002099.html

> I'm also wondering about other new features like being able to have
> meaningful
> URLs in addition to the usual random session identifier. Is this
> documented
> anywhere (other than the source code itself)?

Not really.  I'll be writing up the changes that went into 2.5 Real
Soon Now, which will include info on that now works.  If you want to
know how it works in 2.3.2, look at the Wiki example (in particular
look at senders of #addToPath: and implementors of
#createRootFromRequest:).

Avi