[Seaside] VW cgi interface

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Mar 26 09:29:05 CET 2004

On Mar 25, 2004, at 11:44 PM, danil osipchuk wrote:

> Hello  Avi  and all
> Recently I ported ROE to Dolphin, it was not hard at all.

Great!

>  There are few "squeakizms" like {} in several places and mess of
> symbols and strings in tests should be cleared (other dialects can't
> directly compare them).

Ok, I'll try to fix these.

> If there is fan club of roe (as for seaside :)) I want to sign in.

I suggest we use this list for now, unless or until someone objects.

> However there are some issues. The main problem is that current way of
> addressing rows in subselects fails on rows containing NULLS. Failure
> is caused by special behaviour of sql nulls, in short "select null in
> (null)" doesn't return true or false. Obvious workaround is to set
>  columns NOT NULL and set default values, but this may be considered
> as too strong impact on existing databases.

Yeah, I'd say so.  But there must be some other workaround, no?  Can
you maybe post a full test case (sql for setting up some tables and
rows with nulls, and then a roe-generated query that breaks) so that if
there are any SQL gurus out there they can suggest a fix?

> I created RATestPostgresSemanticsWithNils as subclass of
> RATestPostgresSemantics (see attachment). I also add deletion (i feel
> seek when i can't delete something) using "update"  family as
> template, but didn't created corresponding test yet. Also I found
> handy to have possibility of adding not full rows
> (RAPostgresRelation>>addValues: anArray forAttributesNamed:
> attributeNames). May be these features can be implemented in a more
> smart way, but they necessary, I think.

Thanks, I'll look at merging this stuff in.  I've been neglecting ROE
recently, but I'll get back to it soon enough.

Avi